Illustration and Visual Narrative / Task 2 - Exercise 1

10/05/2023 - 31/05/2023 / Week 6 - Week 9 
Michael Chan Henn Loong / 0363611
Illustration & Visual Narrative / BA of Designs (HONS) In Creative Media / Taylor's University
Task 2 - Poster


LECTURE

No Lecture


INSTRUCTION



Task 2 - Poster

We are required to create a poster using Adobe Illustrator based on the SDG topic to make an impactful poster to spread the message.

Research:

Fig 1.0 Research

Before starting the project, I went to Pinterest and looked up a few related posters to gain some inspiration and to gain some ideas on how to create my poster, these are the ones I personally like the most.

Final Poster Design:

Fig 1.1 Final Poster (JPEG)

Fig 1.2 Final Poster Outline Screenshot

Fig 1.3 Final Poster (PDF)


FEEDBACK

Week 6:
-Start creating sketches for the poster
-Check on what SDG you're interested in then start with the sketching

Week 7:
-Change the background to something with texture would be better then leaving it blank
-Create lighting effects for the subjects

Week 8:
No feedback

Week 9:
-Add in wood texture for the background
-Don't complicate the whole thing


REFLECTION

Experience:
With this project I get to know which level are my drawing skills at and I got to learn a lot of new skills in Adobe Illustrator, but still it feels a little bit exhausting as I see myself failing in bringing out what I'm having in my head.

Observations:
I noticed some specific tools can make our life easier, using the right tool in AI will save a lot of our time.

Findings:
I found out that sometimes I don't think enough like I would do more than enough like using too many steps where it can be done like maybe 2-3 steps with the correct tool, so I think I need to use more time on AI to get familiar with the tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - PROJECT 1 / RESEARCH PROPOSAL

Game Studies

Advanced Typography Task 3